We Are The Mighty Honors The MIGHTY 25 at the Military Influencer Conference
The leading media brand for the military community debuts honorees during first-ever Mighty 25 Gala at Relaunched Conference
NEW YORK — OCTOBER 31, 2022 — We Are The Mighty, a major media and lifestyle brand for the military community, announced its MIGHTY 25 class of 2022. The annual list honors the 25 individuals doing exemplary work within the extended military community. The inaugural MIGHTY 25 Gala took place on Friday, Oct. 28 at the Military Influencer Conference, the largest gathering of influential leaders in the military space, which returned after a two-year pandemic hiatus and for the first time in Las Vegas Oct. 26 – 29 at Resorts World.
The MIGHTY 25 is an annual recognition celebrating individuals in the military community who have gone above and beyond. In conjunction with the Military Influencer Conference, We Are The Mighty recognizes the change makers in the veteran, active duty, and military family space. Selectees are advocates utilizing their influence and voices to impact policies; entrepreneurs with a passion for service; disrupters forcing accountability and meaningful change; volunteers giving so much of themselves to better our world; and leaders whose vision and actions inspire us all. The MIGHTY 25 encompasses everything it takes to truly Be Mighty.
“The MIGHTY 25 celebrates the best of the military community. Some of these people are household names; others you’ve never heard of, but they have a common ground in their courage to take risks, dedication to serve, and desire to make an impact,” said Air Force veteran Mark Harper, CEO of We Are The Mighty. “Being able to honor these changemakers at a gala was the very least we could do to celebrate their service and to give back.”
MEET THE MIGHTY 25 OF 2022
- John Perez – Head of Military & Veteran Affairs for Johnson & Johnson
- Lt. Amanda Lee – United States Navy Blue Angel Fighter Pilot
- Lt. Commander Kayla Barron – NASA Astronaut and United States Submarine Warfare Officer
- Remi Adeleki – Best-selling author, actor, filmmaker, speaker and activist
- Charlynda Scales – CEO of Mutt’s Sauce, Air Force veteran
- Renee Bobb – National Director of Training and Development for Bunker Labs, best-selling author, coach and owner of Music City Icons women’s basketball team
- Tony Wells – Senior Vice President of Marketing at Verizon
- Lindsey Streeter – Senior Vice President of Global Military Affairs for Bank of America
- John Boerstler – Chief Experience Officer for the Department of Veterans Affairs and combat-veteran
- Mike Hutchings – CEO of Combined Arms, Army veteran
- Tim Jensen – Chief Strategy Officer for Grunt Style, Marine veteran
- Liza Rodewald and Erica McMannes – Co-founders of Instant Teams (CEO & Chief Community & People Officer)
- Fred Galvin – Author, Speaker, Entrepreneur
- Vishal Amin – Head of Security Solutions, Microsoft
- Channing Tatum and Reid Carolin – Directors and producers, Dog
- Danielle Robinson – Activist and advocate
- Heather Prill – Senior Philanthropist, Strategic Partnerships and Program, Home Depot
- Scott Higgins – Founder & CEO, Veterans Advantage, PBC
- Antoinette Balta – Executive Director of the Veterans Legal Institute
- Jennifer Dane – Executive Director of Modern Military Association of America
- Juliana Mercer – Passionate health advocate
- Andrew Beck – Denver Broncos Tight End
- Ron Rivera – Washington Commanders Head Coach
- Lester Lumbad – President, Southern Nevada Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- Chase Millsap – Writer, producer, storyteller
You can read more about MIGHTY 25 here.
Founded in 2016 by Army veteran Curtez Riggs, Military Influencer Conference is the leading military-focused event for entrepreneurs, influencers, leaders, creatives, and brands who shape and support the military community. Annually, MIC brings together more than 100 global partners and 2000 attendees. MIC is the marquee event offering of We Are The Mighty. WATM and MIC are part of Recurrent, a digital media company with one of the largest suites of Military brands.
ABOUT WE ARE THE MIGHTY
We Are The Mighty is the premier media brand for the 133 million “mega-niche” community of America’s military, veterans, and their families. WATM’s veteran creators capture this community’s voice with original, multi-platform media, branded campaigns, and high-profile events. WATM is committed to making a positive impact in the community we serve. Our unique insights, guidance, and experience provide distinct value to brands, businesses, and anyone looking to authentically connect with our nation’s military-veteran community. WATM and MIC are part of Recurrent, a digital media company with one of the largest suites of Military brands.